THIS PAGE IS PROVISIONAL AND CONTENT IS UNDER REVISION
All Urul Technology can take be in one of five states of repair:
1. Inoperative: The mechanisms and features of the artefact are non-functional and confer no benefit to the wearer/wielder.
2. Malfunctioning: The mechanisms and features of the artefact are in poor repair and only function partially or infrequently.
3. Jury-Rigged: The mechanisms and features of the artefact have been restored, but haphazardly and not entirely. Certain Features and functions may work intermittently
4. Semi-functional: The mechanisms and features of the artefact are mostly functional but may suffer occasional interruptions or flaws.
5. Fully Functional: The mechanisms and features of the artefact are fully functional and suffer no penalties.
Artefacts can be damaged by a variety of causes and repairing one typically requires a specialized set of skills, equipment, and resources. Due to the complexity of Urul technology a character must have at least 1 point in Technology in order to attempt repair of an artefact and most repair checks are extended actions, requiring weeks, months, or years to complete.
Technology Template ∞
Also known as:
What does it look like?
What does it do?
Where can it be found? Can it be purchased?
How rare is it? (Unique, Rare, Scarce, Uncommon, Common)
Is the technology open and usable by anyone or restricted to a species or faction (Shapers, Bellatori, etc)
Do any groups collect or seek this particular technology?
Do modern people understand how it works?
Can it be replicated?
How is it used?
What powers it? Does it depend on any secondary technology (ammo, helion, shaping)
Any odd features of the technology?
Does the technology have any side-effects?