Website Last Updated: December 01, 2018
What is Aeldos? An Overview...
In Aeldos you can…
- Encounter a variety of technologies powered by Helion, a rare crystal believed to have been crafted by the lost human progenitor empire. This includes a variety of artefacts of the ancient empire, from data storage devices known as Luminar to potent firearms known as Canna to mechanical sapients known as Artilects.
- Explore a vast and lethal wilderness filled with bizarre predatory creatures, cruel savages, mad cultists, deadly weather and ancient mysteries.
- Discover a myth-history based around a cruel creator and a pantheon of liberating celestials known as the Ayr
- Engage with a variety of speculative technologies and an original system of magic inspired by modern physics, biology, and psychology.
Create a character that hails form one of the distinct Aeldan cultures, many inspired by human history…
- Ossandria: A grand miltary empires united under a holy Imperator
- Victra: A mercantile nation ruled by squabbling aristocratic houses
- Nehep: An ancient desert dominion in decline, struggling against imperial rule
- Subin: A hedonistic island nation devoted to pleasure and excess and enabled by first age relics.
- Mujin: A reclusive country of warlords plagued by an arcane mist filled with monsters
- Lux: A vast and semi-nomadic democracy threatened by the imperialism of others
- Selene: A dense city-state, in possession of a variety of technology far in advance of the rest of Aeldos
- Badlands: A vast swath of ruined land ruled over by warrior tribes, raiders, and the half-mad.
- Svertheim: A sprawling alliance of feudal states nestled in the forests, plains, and mountains of northern Aeldos
- Vandar: A disparate country of anarchistic and liberty obsessed clans unified only by language.
- Granden: An ambitious theocratic monarchy descended from the Vandar and built on the discovery of lost artefact technology.
…plus ample room for player defined minor dominions; kingdoms, clans, tribal villages and more lingering at the edges of the great cultures.
Or create a character of more exotic origins, a member of one the other sapient Aeldan species including…
- The Bellatori, a rare and alien race of hunter-warriors gifted with preternatural grace and a genetic martial capacity
- The Heliar, Artilects gifted with self-awareness and self-determination
- The Kaeki, blind quasi-humans gifted with perception of the world of force and probability rather than matter and light
- The Oneiri, diminutive dream crafters gifted with abnormal intellect and intuition
- The Tamaa, androgyne humanoids with plant like features, gifted with alluring beauty and personality
The Tollam, powerful quasi-humans gifted with strength, resilience, and an unending appetite for battle
- Join or challenge numerous pre-existing organizations, mercenary and trading companies, governments, clandestine organizations, temples and monasteries, honour societies and more.
- Choose from a variety of Callings for your character including base callings such as Alchemist, Aristocrat, Dancer, Diplomat, Drudge, Entertainer, Explorer, Fighter, Gambler, Guard, Handler, Hunter, Lorekeeper, Merchant, Savage, Soldier, Spy, Surgeon, Thief, Tinker, and Trader.
- Choose from advanced and legendary callings for characters to grow towards such as the Arcane Shapers[doesn’t exist], Shifters[doesn’t exist], and Singers[doesn’t exist], the mist-walking Xia, the shadowy Umbrals, the frenzied Vilkappi, the inventive Artifex, the dangerous Vaeti, or dozens more.
Aeldos is under continuous development, with new lore, characters, creatures, and stories expanding the world. This project is still in an alpha state with considerable visual and textual work to do.
The purpose of this website is to organize and present information for the author, participants in virtual tabletop role playing, and those interested in passive and interactive fiction, within Aeldos.
I have other questions...
This is the website for a fictional world. It’s a set of articles detailing everything from the cultures and creatures to technology and religion for a world called Aeldos. Think of it as a Wiki for a place that only exists inside my head.
What does this world look like?
Check out the Atlas.
What’s a sapient?
Anything smart enough to have a proper conversation with. Might be called a demi-human in other settings. Check out the Sapients page for info and links.
What the heck is a Lingua? Doesn’t that just mean language?
Lingua is short for Lingua Arcana. These are powerful occult languages given to humanity by god-like entities known as Ayr. You’ll want to check out the Lingua Arcana page.
What about religion? Where are your gods?
Aeldans worship a pantheon of entities known as the Ayr. Opinions vary on whether these are really gods or just extremely powerful entities. Religions have arisen around these and other concepts and entities and there’s a lot to choose from. Check out the Mythos & Religion page.
I’m just here for the monsters.
I’m with you. Check out the Bestiary page for a list of completed creature articles.
I like shiny things. Bonus points for shooty things. What do you have for me?
You probably want to check out the Technology page.
Who made all this?
Nobody special. 1 person in 7.7 billion. Maybe the lady you sit next to at work or the dude you talked to at the coffee shop. One of the drones from sector 7G, a cubicle monkey at Initech, or one of the extras at MetaCortex. What I make is way more interesting than what I am.
How do I contact you?
Check out the Discord. I may not be online but if you leave a message I’ll get back to you.
6 Unique sapient species
36 Unique wild species
21 Archetypal callings
31 Advanced setting specific callings
4 Arcane callings
6 Species specific callings
… and a lot of other stuff.
Thank you for visiting the site.